- Department: Research and Development
- Location: Gurugram
- Education Requirement: Bachelor or Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical engineering
- Experience: 8-10 years of experience overall experience (thereof, atleast 3 years in electric vehicle domain)
- Setup and maintain R&D infrastructure like dyno, testers, tools, R&D vehicle fleet management.
- Define process, methods and standard operating procedures for smooth operation of R&D activities e.g. SOP for lab usage, 5S R&D facilities, calibration of R&D infrastructure.
- Asset management (R&D inventory, tools, equipment, sample ordering, tracking of material movement, consumables, etc).
- Manage Vehicle integration and validation team members (line management).
- Define, update and maintain project management processes for R&D projects.
- Create and own the Standard Operating Procedures & templates for project documentation, managing project data on servers
- Work in collaboration with R&D mechanical and R&D Electronics team for coordinating adherence to project schedules, prioritization of common pool (people / equipment / infrastructure) for multiple New Product Development (NPD) projects
- All project documentation management, archiving, version control (Requirements, test plans, test results, Release procedures
- Timely closure all technical documentation and report release
- Final Design gate review for prototyping release
- Hands on experience in Vehicle level validation, prototype vehicle build, R&D infrastructure setup and management.
- Proficient in working with electronic components used in electric 2 wheelers e.g. batteries, traction motor, controllers, etc.
- Proficient in developing vehicle level DVP for function test, performance test & environmental tests.
- Automotive component testing background (for lighting, seat latches, brake life evaluation, suspension durability, steering evaluation.
- Knowledge of AIS /BIS standards. Connect with local test & certification labs.
- Knowledge of strain measurement.
- Expertise in diagnosing vehicle faults and trouble shooting.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with automotive engineering development Methods, Processes and Tools. (System engineering V model, DFMEA basics, problem solving techniques)
- Back ground from motor and chassis dyno testing.
- Familiarity of using mechanical design tools.